Covid-19 Information (Calgary)
As of August 4th, The Alberta Government approved the relaunch of trade & consumer shows, including the Calgary Wedding Fair, March 14th, 2021.
Now, as we navigate through this new world amid COVID-19, our goal is to keep our attendees, exhibitors and staff safe, informed and educated on our new and improved health & safety protocols and standards.
What you can expect from us/ How the event will look different:
- Limited capacity to allow for social distancing throughout the event.
- Designated entrance and exit points.
- Touchless box office options.
- Our team will be pre-screened daily and wearing PPE.
- Hand sanitization stations at entrance and food areas.
- Increased sanitization protocols. The BMO Centre certifications include ISO 14001, Provincial safety COR and is currently working towards their GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation. This means the facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize the risk associated with infection agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)
- The proper cleaning protocol, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly skilled cleaning professionals who are trained for an outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
- 8foot dividing draped walls between different booths/companies.
- Wider aisles, larger booths, and directional signage.
- Signage, floor markings and verbal announcements to support physical distancing.
- Physical distancing barriers/markers in between chairs & tables at the food area.
- Show Guide will be digital and available to access via mobile device.
Guest Responsibility, Help prevent the spread:
- Wear a mask. Masks are mandatory in indoor public spaces as per The City of Calgary bylaw.
- Do not attend the event if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose and sore throat. Quarantine is required if you have travelled internationally or come in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitizing stations often and avoid touching your face or surfaces. Bring your own travel hand sanitizer for additional peace of mind.
- Follow directional signage.
- It is recommended to download the COVID Alert app. By using this app, health officials are better equipped to quickly identify and tackle the spread of COVID-19.
- There is a risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. Guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease and immune deficiencies are especially vulnerable and should consider postponing their visit.
The health and safety of our exhibitors, attendees and team are of paramount importance, and we appreciate your ongoing support and understanding.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns